Conviction [Bleeding Hollow]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Conviction (formerly Convicted of Korgath). This guild is based out of the PVP server Bleeding Hollow.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Advisor Rank

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teeze
WoW Officer
Teeze

Number of posts : 3691
Registration date : 2009-01-11

New Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: New Advisor Rank   New Advisor Rank EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:57 pm

New Advisor Rank

Full-members of the guild who are appointed to the Advisor rank will be expected to contribute to the guild in two or more of the following areas:

• Recruiting: Advisors who are appointed to aid with recruiting will be expected to be active on the World of Warcraft Recruitment forums. This means that they will be required to post on and contact, if applicable, competent players who are seeking guilds. Advisors who are selected for this task may be asked to be present for Ventrilo interviews, which will become a common step within the application process. Advisors are encouraged to provide personal feedback and to ask questions during interviews.

• Mentor: All Advisors will be required to participate in the mentor program that is now implemented within the guild. Once an Advisor has been partnered with a new recruit, they will become responsible for that new member in the following areas: how to bid on items, making sure their assignments are clear, being aware of any misbehavior that conflicts with our guild rules, and overall being their go-to person if they happen to have any questions or concerns.

• Loot Council: Advisors who are appointed to aid with loot council will be given the responsibility of voting during loot distribution. All Advisors are expected to remove any personal biases to ensure that loot is being distributed fairly among all of our raiders.
    Note: Advisor votes will be taken into high consideration when deciding on a piece of loot, however; Officers reserve the right to veto bids that are not appropriate or fair.

• Initiate Voting: All Advisors will be required to participate in initiate voting, and will become the voice of their appointed group within the guild (i.e. one or two Advisors will act as the voice of the melee, ranged, healers, etc.). Only Advisors will have access to the initiate voting forums in order to eliminate the occurrence that this information is leaked to new members of the guild. All raiders are encouraged to contact their appointed Advisor if they wish to add their opinions/votes to a recruits initiates voting – the process in which this information is shared will be dependent upon what your Advisor prefers (i.e. through private messages on the forums, over Ventrilo, through in-game tells, etc.).

All Advisors will be required to be present for weekly meetings with the Officers of the guild to ensure that all information gathered is shared. Advisors may also be present when discussing guild promotions at the end of the week.

Currently, we have decided to promote two of our raiders to the Advisor rank, based primarily on nominations and trust. We will take this time to have a trial run of the rank before promoting additional raiders to this position. Please note that the Officers and Advisors will be consistently monitoring our current raiders to see if any of you are suitable for the position.

Ranged Advisor: Marshie
Melee Advisor: Maangoo

(Please see the Guild Ranks thread under Guild Information to see what each of the new Advisors roles are)

Congratulations.

Back to top Go down
Evlmonkey
Evlmonkey

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-10-13

New Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Advisor Rank   New Advisor Rank EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 am

i dont trust that mangoo guy... got it all in my hair once
Back to top Go down
Nex

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2011-02-11

New Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Advisor Rank   New Advisor Rank EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:19 am

Sounds good but i dont like the idea of raiders not able to comment or view the initiate voting. I understand the whole part of keeping it secret but i actually like to read and see what the others raiders and officers thought of that recruit and if i did not like what i saw i would write something.
Back to top Go down
Teeze
WoW Officer
Teeze

Number of posts : 3691
Registration date : 2009-01-11

New Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Advisor Rank   New Advisor Rank EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:39 am

Nex wrote:
Sounds good but i dont like the idea of raiders not able to comment or view the initiate voting. I understand the whole part of keeping it secret but i actually like to read and see what the others raiders and officers thought of that recruit and if i did not like what i saw i would write something.

Unfortunately, some people ruined it for the rest of you guys. We have been tossing out ideas where I might make another rank on the forums so "specific" people can access those forums, which is something that I might end up doing if it gets to be too much for the Advisors.
Back to top Go down
Maango
Initiate
Maango

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-06-19

New Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Advisor Rank   New Advisor Rank EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Evlmonkey wrote:
i dont trust that mangoo guy... got it all in my hair once

mmm i miss you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Advisor Rank Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Advisor Rank   New Advisor Rank Empty

Back to top Go down

New Advisor Rank
Page 1 of 1